- Horizontal Street Banners promoting Long Grove is OPEN will be delivered to John this week: We ordered 7 to be placed in locations that we normally place the Big 3 Fest signs: 53 & Old McHenry, 22 & Old McHenry, near the Village office driveway), 83 & RPC.
- the Long Grove Living ad (June 2020) that was supposed to be for Strawberry Fest tickets will be in the same design as the vertical banners in town and the horizontal banners above. Jody wrote a nice article on what businesses are doing during this time. Deadline for this was April 25 for June circulation.
- Submitted content (words and image) to Long Grove Living for Facebook/ Instagram promotion sponsored by them promoting Shop, Pop, Go.
- Real Estate (18’x24″) Long Grove Strong Signs were ordered today. For the $150 budget we were able to order 12 to start. I will post and promote once we receive them and order more as needed.
- New addition to Festival page of website: weekly specials that are emailed as well, hoping to get more people shopping. http://longgrove.org/festivals/weekly-specials/
- 4/28 EDC meeting:
Committee will be splitting up list of businesses and calling each to introduce themselves and find out what the needs are of the businesses.
They will also be doing monthly webinars now (3rd Monday of the month at 6pm) since the attendance has been low. This will give more time to plan and promote. The next one will be Monday May 18th with Jody Grimaldi, our PR expret, on how to get your business more press.
- 4/28 Village Board meeting:
removed approving 5k/10k as approval was needed from the Park district. After the meeting All Community Events said they will no longer be needing to use Park District land since the bridge will be open. Mark, from All Community, sent a revised map that HDLG board needs to approve so it can be submitted to the village for their approval/
Discussed a lot about their budgets. They accepted a very conservative budget including declines in tax revenues.
Delayed voting on paving projects.
Resident discussed flooding in Mardan Woods.
- Nikki and I are working on the Virtual Chocolate Fest idea. Sending an email to merchants later .
- No new ideas from Duff Events (previously ravenswood) about Strawberry Fest yet.